FOUNDED: 3 January 2019
A California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation
Consultation Center & Academy for Healing and Transformation
To help as many people as we can to achieve their goals and lead happy, successful lives through Education and Transformative Conversations and to promote values that aim at decreasing or eliminating inequity; promoting inclusiveness of diversity; and establishing environments that are supportive of all people.
- At the Consultation Center, we provide our community members with low cost consultation services for only $10 an hour. We offer Life Improvement Consultation Services to individuals, couples, and families. These services involve engaging our clients in Transformative Conversations to help them improve the quality of their life and relationships, overcome the problems and obstacles that are holding them back, achieve their goals in different areas and live their life consistent with their values and intentions for life. We do not agree with the pathologizing content of the Diagnostic and Statistical Mental Disorders (DSM) and consider the labeling of people as unethical. We do not diagnose, neither do we prescribe any medication to our clients.
- At the Academy, we provide the students with an understanding of Philosophy, Anthropology, History, Critical Thinking, Ethics, Effective Communication Skills, Deconstructive Listening and Questioning based on Social Constructionist Perspective and Post-Modern, Post-Structural Theories such as Narrative and Feminism. The students will learn to utilize these collaborative approaches to help the clients identify/establish and achieve their individual and relational goals. The assessment tool utilized is a research-based Personal Agency Questionnaire developed by the Founder (Simone Lundquist, Ph.D.). The Academy offers three levels of Education and Training:
1. The Beginner Level Training Program (Four Months)
2. The Intermediate Level Training Program (Three Months)
3. The Advanced Level Training Program (Six Months)
- We will provide Scholarships to the first 9 students who send us their applications to attend the Beginner Level Training Program, by May 30th, 2019. The applicants are required to have a 4-year College degree to qualify for application to the programs offered at the Academy. These students will be exempt from paying tuition fees for the four-month intensive Beginner Level Training Program offered at the Academy. Among the students who successfully complete this Beginner Level Training program, 3 will be awarded with another scholarship to complete the 3-month intermediate program offered at the Academy. All students exempt from tuition are obligated to serve the community members who come to the Consultation Center 10 hours a week during their education at the Academy and six months after their graduation from their program. Upon completion of their obligations to the community, they will be offered paid positions at the Consultation Center and the Academy if they have established their trustworthiness in delivering the services they have been trained on.